I just had a wonderful shower! While it's on my mind, I think I'll blog... so I can say "my husband is a genius"! You may have read about his shower mods (blogged about here) and I may have been less than enthusiastic about taking the time to do the mod, but it sure is nice now!
He made our Roadtrek's bath into a wet-bath. We can now sit down (or use the old stand up method). It's great! I now have no desire to use any other shower facilities.
Here's my method:
1. Turn on theand roll up the carpet (I usually sweep the floor at this time)
2. Gather my shower "stuff":
3. Before the water gets too hot and I have to mix with(about 10 minutes), I put a little warm water in a small pitcher and also a small bin. I wet my hair and turn off the water.
4. I put my feet in the bin of warm water so I don't get chilled while washing my hair without the water on. I shampoo my hair and I use the pitcher water if I need more lather.
5. Turn the water back on and rinse my hair - I wrap my hair up turban-style in a sack cloth towel.
6. I use the warm water pitcher and bin to wash and shave, before turning the water on one more time to rinse. By this time I have to turn on the cold water tap or it's too hot.
7. At this point I've conserved lots of water and I'll take a moment to enjoy the water pressure! Mike re-engineered the plumbing so we could use a regular water saving high pressure shower head.
8. Turn off the water and the water heater.
Ahhhhh, thanks Sweet Husband!